All Ages Owls Up All Night Beanie
Skill level: Intermediate
Sure owls are nocturnal, but what if some of them were insomniacs who couldn’t sleep during the day?
The little guys on this beanie know what it’s like to not get enough sleep and they are desperately trying to stay “up all night”.
Using the Fair Isle technique this beanie will fit all ages and can be made in all colors. The one pictured is just a touch of the combinations you can create.
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project. Don’t know how to do Fair Isle? Don’t worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section (13 pages!!!) that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
- How to make a magic adjustable loop.
Sizes Included are:
Baby: 15” circumference
Child: 17” circumference
Woman: 20” circumference
Man: 22” circumference
The beanie includes full written instructions as well as a color chart for the Fair Isle portion.