Calli Felted Boots
The sole of this boot is not crocheted, and as such, this design is perfect for outdoor soling! The sample is shown with soles from Simple Shoemaking. Alternatively, you can sole the boots with slipper soles.
This pattern is the crocheted version of my Yuki Felted (Knitted) boots
This boot features a bellows-tongue pattern, which means that it fits in nice and tight around the leg.
This pattern contains (women’s) sizes: small (6-7), medium (8-9), large (10-11). The exact finished size is determined during the felting process.
These adorable felted boots are crocheted by holding two strands of worsted weight yarn together. You could substitute one strand of chunky weight yarn, if desired. Because these boots are felted, a feltable 100% wool yarn is required. Shepherd’s Wool is the brand used in the sample.
- approx. 700 yards of worsted weight yarn
- Size L (8.0mm) crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Sewing needle & thread (for finishing)
- 16 rings /eyelets (used to hold shoelaces- 18G closed jump rings used in sample)
- Piece of of felt & sole (entire kit purchased from Simple Shoemaking, or slipper sole from LYS and piece of fabric felt)
- Laces (approx. 45” long)
This is an ‘easy’ pattern: it requires only the single crochet stitch, and increasing and decreasing. There is some sewing required to finish.
As with any of my patterns, you can always email me! stacey (att) freshstitches (dott) com. Check my blog (www.freshstitches.com/wordpress) for tips on felting and yarn substitutions.