Even classy and stylish geishas of the future, like Inara Serra, need a little comfort luxury just for themselves now and then. Still, a few elegant cables and rich colours might not be enough – sometimes you might need a little shimmer and sparkle, which these socks add to your wardrobe through the application of a few beads. These are worked from the cuff down, on DPNs or Magic Loop method.
One of three Firefly-inspired sock patterns.
• Indigodragonfly MCN Sock 80% merino/10% cashmere/10% nylon, 375 yds/349m per 115g/4oz skein, 1 skein (shown in ‘The Exact Phrase I Used Was “Don’t”’)
• 2.5mm/US #1.5 needles (Set of 4 double-pointed needles (DPNs) or 32”-40” circular if using Magic Loop), OR needle size required to obtain pattern gauge
• Stitch markers (optional)
If applying beads:
• Approx. 150 Size 6 silver-lined seed beeds
• Small crochet hook suitable for applying beads, size 0.75-1.0mm
• To fit foot/ankle circumference of 7.00-8.25(8.5-10.0) ins around.
• 32 sts/40 rows over 4 inches, on 2.5mm/US #1.5 needles in stockinette stitch OR needle size required to obtain gauge
To execute this pattern, knitters will be required to:
• Work knit and purl, and slipped sts
• Work small cables
• Work twisted sts (ktbl)
• Work increases and decreases
• Pick up stitches
• Follow charted stitch patterns
• Apply beads using a small crochet hook (optional)