Embrace Octopus Sweater
This 11 paged PDF pattern contains:
- Full instructions in British knitting terms (all abbreviations explained)
- 8 charts illustrating the whole sweater - body, sleeves and yoke for you to print out.
The body is worked straight up in the round using stranded colorwork on circular needles. Then sleeves are worked on double pointed needles and slid on the circular needle with the body, before the yoke is worked using a raglan decreasing. Measurements are metric and US imperial.
I am happy to help, please ask if you encounter any problems!
- Needles: Double pointed and Circular, 5.5 (US 9) and 6 mm (US 10) or size needed to obtain the gauge. Circular needle should be at least 70 cm (28”) long.
- Gauge: 15 sts 17 rows is approx. 10x10 cm (4”).
- Yarn: Two different colors. For the warm sweater on the picture, I used double threads for each color, put together they make up a Bulky weight: Sandnes Alpakka 1035 Dark Grey, with a thin thread of Du Store Alpakka Faerytale 719 Black, and Sandnes Alpakka 1001 Optical White together with Sandnes Soft Alpakka 1002 White. I used 0.720 kg in total, about three times more of the dark color. The yardage listed is for bulky yarn, not including the doubling you’ll need for double threads.
- Sizes: Using the yarn listed M-L are respectively 52-57 cm (20.8”-23”) wide, 104-114.5 cm (41.6”-45.9”) around bust, waist and hips) and 71-75.7 cm (28.3”-30.2”) long, 76-79 cm (30.2”-31.5”) center back neck-to-cuff, max sleeve circumference 49-54.7 cm (19.7”-21.7).