Flower Basket Afghan
A throw with a basket of flowers.
• 860-305 Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn: Pearl Mist
17 Balls (A)
• 860-124 Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn: Toffee
1 Ball (B)
• 860-130 Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn: Honey
1 Ball (C)
• 860-173 Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn: Dusty Green
1 Ball (D)
• 865-200 Lion Brand Vanna’s Palettes: Peaceful
1 Ball (E)
• 865-206 Lion Brand Vanna’s Palettes: Iconic
1 Ball (F)
- Afghan is worked back and forth in rows.
- Flowers and Leaves are worked separately and sewn to Afghan.
- Other details, Basket Handle, Basket edging, Flower stems, etc are worked onto completed Afghan.
- Color is changed to create basket in center of Afghan. Use separate balls of yarn to work each section of color, do not carry color not in use across WS of piece.
- To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete st. Proceed with new. Fasten off old color.
- Our pattern outlines the colors that were used for the Flowers and Leaves on our sample. Vanna’s Palettes are specially designed to mix and match the colors, so feel free to use colors as desired.