ERRATA: ‘Shape shoulders and back neck’ secion should read:
With WS facing, work X sts in patt and so on…
Worked from the bottom up seamlessly until the body is divided for front and back at the armhole level. The body of the vest is knitted in a cabled stitch pattern set on the Stocking stitch ground that lends the fabric its subtle texture. The hood is added to the body after the shoulders had been joined together and is worked in Stocking stitch.
- DIFFICULTY Intermediate - Knit, purl, simple cabling, working the round and flat, decreases and picking up stitches.
- FINISHED MEASUREMENTS 22 ¾ (24 ½, 26 ¼, 28, 29 ¾) in / 58 (62, 66.5, 71, 75.5) cm. To fit sizes 18-24mns (3-4, 5-6, 7, 8).
- YARN Sirdar Click DK (70% acrylic / 30% wool; 50 / 164yds / 150m); #0189, 3 (3, 3, 4, 4) balls. Substitute with approximately 465 (495, 530, 570, 605) yds / 425 (455, 485, 520, 550) m of DK weight yarn with the following knitting gauge.
- GAUGE 24 sts and 32 rnds/rows = 4in / 10cm in pattern using 4mm (US6) needles. 22 sts and 26 rows = 4in/10cm in Stocking stitch using 4mm (US6) needles. Adjust needle size if necessary to get the correct gauge.
- NEEDLES AND NOTIONS Size 6 (4 mm) 24in / 60cm long circular needles. Stitch markers, stitch holders, cable needle and tapestry needle and spare needle for 3-needle bind off.