- used to express gratitude or surprise
These socks feature a marvelously stretchy and easy-to-memorize lace motif. They work up quickly and use surprisingly little yarn. They’re one of those magical projects that look much more complicated than they are!
They’d be a great introduction to fancy socks for newer knitters and a fun little diversion for veteran sock knitters.
Just a tiny note, the lace pattern is very stretchy, so if you’re in doubt or between sizes, go down a size!
The pattern is written in four sizes. They’re shown here in a thinner yarn at a gauge of 8.25 stitches per inch, which fits a foot or leg of 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, or 10.75 inches. But they also work in a thicker yarn at a gauge of 7.25 stitches per inch, which fits a foot or leg of 8.5, 9.75, 11, or 12.25 inches.
These are perfect for you if:
- You’re ready to try lacy socks
- You want your socks to be seriously stretchy
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)