Pattern Description from Cast On, February-April 2010: “In stitching up your own mohair ‘warm fuzzy,’ you will see that the textured pattern creates an attractive reversible knitted fabric. The jacket is designed so you can easily adjust the length in straight knitting. and you will finish ‘It’ off with set in sleeves and a stylish collar.”
Yarn Symbol: Medium (4)
Level of Experience: Intermediate
Sizes: S (M, L, 1X, 2X)
- Bust (closed): 35 (39, 43, 47, 51)”
- Length: 29 (29½, 29½, 30, 30)”
- Classic Elite’s LA GRAN (1.5oz/42g, 90yds/82m, 76.5% Mohair, 17.5% Wool, 6% Nylon): 14 (15, 16, 17, 18) balls of Chocolate Truffle
- Sizes 9 & 10 (5.5 & 6mm) straight & 24” (60.9cm) circular or size needed to obtain correct gauge
- 1 Closure One World Button Company’s Style #GTM 305 SPIRAL
Gauge: With smaller needles, in Textured Pattern,16 sts & 24 rows = 4”/10 cm. To save time, take time to check gauge.
- When knitting this stitch pattern, be sure to bring the working yarn between the tips of your knitting needles each time you change from knit to purl and vice versa. Otherwise, you will inadvertently create a yarnover increase - and a giant hole in your work.
- If you’d prefer a longer jacket, simply add more rows of straight knitting before working the armhole shaping.