Summary Variation - Lace skirted angel holding a cake instead of a skein of yarn. Shows how any of the angels can be adapted to fit the occasion. Part of a set of angels.
Additional Yarn Info In Canada, use Coats & Clark “Mercerised” (1000m ball).
Additional Materials Trinket of choice, cornstarch, tapestry needle, polyester fiberfill or cotton ball, white (clear-drying) glue.
Info on full set The full set can be found in Angels: A Knitter’s Dozen or in individual Knitter’s Magazines:
- Knitting Angels with Leaf & Diamond skirt patterns - K 49
- Spinning & Crocheting - K50
- Embroidery & Quilting - K52
- Rug Hooking & Weaving - K53
- Ball-Winding & Skein-holding - K54
- Tree Top with Wide or Narrow Skirt - K56
- Angel’s Bells - K55
1, 5 & 6 skirts are worked top-down. 2, 3, & 4 skirts are worked bottom-up.
This pattern originally appeared in Knitter’s 54, Spring 1999.