Sock monkey tape measure cover
A sock monkey – you either love it or hate it. But even if you’re not a fan, I really hope you’ll find some warm feelings for this tape measure cover!
• The cover fits 2” tape measure. The whole cover measures 4” (10cm) from ear to ear.
• Gauge: 5rows in sc = 1”/2.5cm
• The cover is worked in continuous rounds, unless otherwise stated.
• I used 2 strands of gray sport yarn held together to create the multi-gray effect but you can use worsted weight yarn in semi-solid gray if you prefer. One advantage of having 2 strands, though, is that if it feels too bulky you can crochet the back with just one strand of sport yarn and it’ll be easier to push the back button to roll the tape measure (details in the instructions below).
• The pull is hidden behind the ear. You can crochet over it, too, or leave it as it is.