My yarn knit up at a larger gauge but I was happy with that as the sizes offered by the pattern were not exact for me (34” bust is too small and a 38” too big). As it is my gauge worked up at 19 st = 4” and 25 rows = 4”. This gauge change made the collar a bit wider but it looks good so far… I would say that the lace is very easy, as I am beginning with lace patterns this one is an ideal way to get one’s feet wet. Moving along with the lace I’ve discovered it’s easy to lose or gain a stitch and VERY frustrating to pick out a whole row because the mistake was made at the beginning, so I started counting out the repeat (9 st). Since I started counting the lace is moving along much faster without any errors (cross fingers and knock on wood)! Should be finished soon. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ‘Laga’, it works up like a dream. Okay, after an epic 4 hours of knitting this is finished and blocked. I think I’ll still have to do something about the collar being a tad wide and prone to roll but I don’t want to make it any deeper (like with a row of single crochet)… Update: an easy fix for the wide neck was running a thread through the inside loop underneath the longtail cast-on. Looks great, fits great. Thinking of making a ‘mini-castle’ for my daughter :).