4/30/13 : Cast on yesterday….it was a tough choice between this one and another Cardi but I really like a moss type stitch and I was pulled to this one.
5/6/13 : Ok, I had to frog and re-cast on b/c my gauge would have given me a sweater for someone just a bit larger than me. So I cast on for the smaller size, and hopefully, with my gauge being off and blocking, it will fit me…fingers crossed.
I’ve finished the single basketweave portion at the bottom and I’m almost ready for the decreases.
In that first picture, the color is WAY off.
5/11/13 : I started slipping the first stitch on all the RS rows…for some reason this edge was getting really sloppy for me, even if I pulled the stitch really tight. Slipping the first stitch has given me a nice even edge.
5/15/13 : In the second to last photo you can see how the edge had loose loops and you can see almost exactly where I started slipping the first stitch.
5/19/13 : Splitting for the sleeves. Although the pattern doesn’t specify, for the split row, I continued in pattern stitch; I didn’t just knit the stitches….I hope that was a good guess.
9/21/13 : Finally, some time to knit. I wanted to get this thing moving again. I finished the back and did my first 3-needle bind off, so easy-…I was worried it would be difficult. Working on the right front.
10/14/13 : About halfway through the first sleeve. I cast on the sleeves for the smaller size, so that they are more fitted around the wrist.