2013/01/09 - This is my first project on circular needles. Taking a bit of getting used to. I’m using the leftover wool from the teddy bear project. It will be neat for Rorie to have a matching teddy bear and hat.
2013/01/14 - Somewhere along the way, I picked up an extra stitch. So it looks like there’s a hole in the hat, but it’s not terribly noticeable. About halfway through, I may have reversed the project on the needles -- what was supposed to be the RS has what looks like an extra row of knit. I just made that be the WS and it looks fine. The double bind off was weird at first, but I liked it in the end. I think the pompoms could stand to be larger. If I do more pompom projects, I might invest in a pompom maker.
All in all, however, with all that said, I’m really happy with this hat. It was a lot of fun to knit, and to learn how to knit on circular needles. I can’t wait to see it on my daughter (she was asleep when I finished the project). I hope it’s tall enough and not too wide. I have a feeling that this may be a hat that she grows into.
2013/01/16 - It turns out that the hat’s not too short like I feared and the pompoms are a fine size. I think it looks super-cute on my daughter, but I might be a little partial. It fits fine now, and has some room for her to grow, so I’m hoping that she’ll enjoy it for a while. Fun, fun project!