Deutsch im Stricktagebuch vom 5. August 2013 As I don’t speak a word of Danish, I had a nice work translating the pattern into German. How did I proceed? First I picked one of the knitting terminologies lists ‘Danish-German’ and translated the primar knitting terms. All other explanations were typed word for word into the Google translation tool. The word-for-word translation often made more sense than the whole sentences. So I discovered some mistakes in the pattern which were well discribed and corrected by stickfia.
I didn’t follow the pattern from scratch. The neck seam doesn’t look nice in the pictures of the model so I started with a provisional cast-on, knitted the whole collar and continued with picking up the neck stitches, I like it seamless. From then on it was a piece of cake to follow the pattern. I didn’t make any notes but worked “on the go”.
Another change: I added 10 underarm/body stitches before knitting the body part, this gives a better fitting.
Thanks to the designer for this nice cardi! I enjoyed knitting and I’m looking forward to wearing it. Now we have temperatures up to 40 degrees Celsius what’s slightly to hot.
What I enjoy very much: the sweater looks good both to lean and to ample wearers.