I wanted a very drapey yarn for this, and one that I could wear all year round, so I choose a linen/silk blend.
Did gauge swatch: Using US size 7 needles to get gauge (I’m a very loose knitter so it’s normal for me to go down a needle size or two)
After looking over all the other projects & seeing how many wished they knitted up a size due to the sweater being tight, I decided to make the M (36-38” bust) for my 35” bust as I want this to gap open in the front as much as most project photos are showing.
Row 39 and 40: Then repeat Button Rows 11 and 12. When you get to the last Kfb in Button Row 1, K to the last 7 stitches, then continue to work buttonhole as before.
Rows 40 and 41: Then, Repeat Rows 1 and 2, increasing 8 stitches on every RS row, and
purling all stitches besides the button bands on the WS rows.
I believe it should read:
Rows 41 and 42: Then, Repeat Rows 7 and 8, increasing 8 stitches on every RS row, and purling all stitches besides the button bands on the WS rows.
I’m tall so I’m adding additional rows to the bodice which will add another button hole & make the bust area longer.
I did not bind off the sleeves, as directed. Instead I put them on holders, then went back & added 4 more rows of knit stitch & then 3 rows or garter stitch before binding off. This lengthened the sleeve a bit & keeps it from rolling.
Button holes came out huge. Next time I will go down 1 stitch making the front band both 6 stitches & only bind off 2 stitches for the button holes.
OK… so this came out too big around the neckline & keeps falling off my shoulders. Guess I should have made the small. Will be looking for someone to gift it too. (UPDATE: It found a home with my friend Annette.) Will make again in a smaller size for myself.