March 6, 2014
March 10, 2014
Stockinette gauge = 7 stitches, 7 rounds/inch on 2.75 mm circular needles.
Chevron chart gauge =
March 22, 2014
Used German twisted cast on. 2.75 mm needles for ribbing, since I got stockinette gauge with 2.75s and don’t have 2.5 mm circulars.
April 28, 2014
Adjusted arm increases:
Increase every 5th round as indicated for 11 increase rounds (76 stitches total), then begin increasing every 8th round for 12 more increase rounds (100 stitches total, as prescribed).
May 3, 2014
UGH. I think my vertical gauge is more off than I thought. Re-working arm increases entirely, starting with an increased number of cast-on stitches (60) and proceeding to increase every 7th round.
July 7, 2014
First arm finished. I ended up finally:
- casting on 60 stitches at wrist
- ribbing for 27 rounds, as written
- increased every 7 rounds for 13 increase rounds (86 stitches), then knit until sleeve measured 20.5 inches
August 4, 2014
Now the fudging. Not counting the stitches set aside for underarms (14 on each side), I have 206 body stitches and 144 sleeve stitches--for a total of 350 stitches. To make the size 32 yoke, I need to increase 11 stitches to 361. Fingers crossed that the shoulders won’t be too tight. I’m going to try out a 3 mm needle right off the bat.
August 11, 2014
Omitted short rows. Worked pattern decreases to end of third colour sequence repeat, then worked two rounds of garter stitch in MC. Decreased by an additional 20 stitches to end up with approx. 110 stitches for collar ribbing. Stretchy cast-off.
Pre-grafting, end-weaving, and blocking, it fits snugly but well. A little short, but I intend to wear it over dresses anyway. Hopefully relaxes just a bit during blocking.