4-28-16 - done and blocking. great pattern! super clear instructions for nice finishes (mid-row bindoff and sloped bindoff).
3-29-16 - removed 24 stitches and cast on again.
3-28-16 - well that didn’t work out! a few inches into the body, I slipped the stitches off and measured. not the 40” I was hoping for, but more like 44”. so I ripped. I’ll do some calculations to take out about 20 stitches and then I’ll start again…
3-23-16 - living on the wild side - cast on without swatching! I went down a needle size, hoping for a sweater about 40-41” around to give me 7-8” of ease. ______
finished width is about 40” and length to underarm (measured at the front) is about 14”. removing those 24 stitches (4 from each shoulder and 4 from both neckline decreases) worked perfectly. note that I did have to rework the short row shaping on the shoulders (made the slope steeper, but over the same number of rows).