Rebekka's projects
my wedding dress
Finished
January 2009
May 28 2009
Project info
my wedding dress
Edging With Flowers and Fans by Verlag Otto Beyer Design Team
Knitting
me
Needles & yarn
US 0 - 2.0 mm
US 1½ - 2.5 mm
US 4 - 3.5 mm
US 2½ - 3.0 mm
silk/ cashmere/ merino blend
Green
Notes

I will marry next summer and plan to knit my wedding dress. I am in the process of collecting ideas for the design. The colour will be either red or green. My sister is going to knit the veil :-) (you can see that here link text)

Other items I want to knit for the wedding
-gloves
-a ring bearer pillow
-a shawl or shrug in a matching colour

5.8.08
It will be green.

17.10.08
I bought yarn now - two merino/cashmere/silk blends and dyed it in two wonderful greens. So soon I can actually start :D

3.1.09
I made now the calculations for the upper part and hopefully I can start soon… Making christmas presents was more urgent somehow in the last time.

26.1.09
The first part of the bodice is done. The bodice is knitted bottom up in two pieces, which I then gather and sew together in front, then I will pick up the stitches from my provisonal cast-on and knit the skirt top down.

4.2.09
The bodice part is finished except for sleeves and edges which I want to add later. I am not completely happy with the crocheting, but I´m not that experienced in crocheting and to unpatient to try again. It will suffice, I think.

15.3.09
Finished from top to waist, except for the lacin gin the back.

30.03.009

Lacing in the back finished, sleeves redone, this time with seams and much better results.

22.04.09
Started with skirt. For the skirt I used the needles 2,5mm. 3mm and 3,5mm to make it more flowing.

08.05.09
Started with the edging (Edging with flowers and fans) - I’ll be probably finished in two weeks or so! Knitting the edging I had up to 1500stitches on the needles and had to use three 80cm circulars, because it wouldn’t fit on one…

02.06.09
I finished knitting the dress last week :D Now I am in the process of blocking.
I did not mention it before, but after some experiments with the “nubra” which did not hold I took one of my push ups, removed the back and sewed it as a backing into the bodice. It was very comfortable this way and did hold quite well.

08.08.09 The wedding was simply wonderful, it was such a great day, better than I ever expected it to be - pictures of the wedding will follow soon!

viewed 15009 times | helped 6 people
Finished
January 2009
May 28 2009
 
About this pattern
22 projects, in 133 queues
Rebekka's overall rating
Rebekka's clarity rating
Rebekka's difficulty rating
  • Project created: August 11, 2008
  • Finished: June 2, 2009
  • Updated: November 22, 2018