Crescent Puff by Knitting Fairy Godmother

Crescent Puff

May 2022
Fingering (14 wpi) ?
16 stitches and 10 rows = 4 inches
4.0 mm (G)
400 - 450 yards (366 - 411 m)
One Size
Flag of English English
This pattern is available for $6.00 USD buy it now

Pattern Update Crochet-A-Long Join the free Virtual Crochet-A-Long Time: Jun 22, 2023 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Meeting ID: 872 0068 3455 Passcode: 874451 Join Zoom Meeting LINK

Crescent Puff is a reversible crochet shawl and
uses one skein of fingering weight yarn.

The main stitch is double crochet-chain 1, the puff stitch adds texture and highlights the contrast color.

This project is suitable for Advanced Beginners, using
simple increases and basic stitches.

This shawl is ideal for Assigned Pooling yarn. Look
for yarn with 2 colors – the main color should fill about 75% of the hank, and the contrast color the remaining 25%. You might find an indie dyed yarn with 8-12” pops of bright color. Look for obvious contrast between the main color and the contrast color with a defined beginning and end of each color


This is an Advanced Beginner pattern.

The shawl starts with a chain circle, crochet flat, in rows.

The main stitch pattern is double crochet – chain 1 sequence, crocheted into the chain-1 space in the row below. Make the Puff Stitch when the color changes from the main color to the contrast color. Every row has shaping; in the first and last stitch.

Pattern Update June 2023 v4.e
Improved Beginning, clarification about assigned pooling colors and edge puff stitches.