Black Roses Stole "Lady MacBeth"
Finished
March 12, 2012
July 27, 2012

Black Roses Stole "Lady MacBeth"

Project info
Rose Lace Stole by Susanna IC
Knitting
Neck / TorsoShawl / Wrap
Needles & yarn
US 4 - 3.5 mm
Black roses cashmere
in stash
goodwill outlet
March 8, 2012
Notes

7/27 - I finally finished, just in time to cast on for the Ravellenic Games! It’s taking a bath in vinegar water now. Estimate about 1000 yards of cobweb weight cashmere. Blocked to 22”x70”.

7/11 - I’ve been taking it along to swim lessons and am almost finished with the long slog. The beaded lace border comes next!

5/28 - beginning the long boring part of the second half. About 12 rows into the 140-row repeat. Yikes!

5/5 - I am now calling this project “Lady MacBeth” because of how my hands look after working on it. I added 40 rows to the long stretch for a total of 70 yarnovers, and yesterday I did my first few rows of the first edge pattern. I’m adding beads as recommended by the designer, and I’m using Oral B Superfloss as described by LindaLovesLace here.link text I think it will actually work!

3/24/12 - getting into the main part of the first half, this will take awhile! Yarn gives off a bit of dye so I need to be careful what I wear while knitting.

I had only gotten a few rows with the recommended size 7 needles when I decided to start over with size 4, more suited to the very fine yarn.

I think I will try this pattern with my 100% cashmere reclaimed, hand dyed yarn. So exciting!

viewed 125 times
Finished
March 12, 2012
July 27, 2012
 
About this pattern
308 projects, in 595 queues
CarpeLanam's overall rating
CarpeLanam's clarity rating
CarpeLanam's difficulty rating
  • Project created: March 8, 2012
  • Finished: July 27, 2012
  • Updated: July 28, 2012
  • Progress updates: 7 updates