Crafty-Effie's projects
Handspun bliss
Frogged
July 15, 2015
no date set
Project info
Handspun bliss
BlueSand Cardigan by La Maison Rililie
Knitting
me :)
M
Needles & yarn
US 4 - 3.5 mm
Heaven
1 skein
Periwinkle
Blue-purple
Cascade Yarns ® Heritage Solids
297 yards in stash
Gray
Little Knits in Seattle, Washington
July 30, 2014
Cascade Yarns ® Heritage Solids
437 yards in stash
Gray
Little Knits in Seattle, Washington
November 20, 2013
Notes

Saddled-raglan yoke version.

I’m working with a modified gauge of 23 sts per 4” in fingering weight yarn; I follow instructions for size 40” to get something around 37”. The modified gauge will probably throw off the length measurement a bit but I’ll simply adjust accordingly, if needed.

02/08/2015
I finished the main portion of the body today and started the short row shaping. As expected, I had only 10¼“ at the end of the 88th row from the armpits, so I added an extra 1o rows to reach 11¼” before starting the short row shaping. It’s an inch shorter than what the pattern calls for but I thought the cardigan was a little too long for my silhouette so I decided that that was enough.

This is my first time working german short rows; it’s easy enough and very clearly explained, I just really can’t wait to see what it’ll look like once I’m done with the body!

11/08/2015
I finished the short rows today and started the pockets and bottom edge. I wasn’t exactly a fan of the contrasting yarn at the edge of the pockets so I used the main color to work the icord cast on instead.

17/08/2015
I finished the bottom edge today and started the pocket linings.

18/08/2015
I just finished the pocket linings, so I will be starting the neckband tomorrow. I don’t particularly like the blue line created using CC1 to pick up stitches so I’ll be using the MC instead.

22/08/2015
I was able to finish the neckband but I was left with barely a yard of the MC, and too many stitches to bind off. I didn’t like the idea of using a contrasting color to bind off, so I rummaged through my stash and found some leftover Sockulent in color granite. The color is close but not exactly the same, so I (sadly) decided to use a regular bind off instead of the icord bind off because I think a larger border would have made the color difference between the MC and the replacement yarn pretty obvious. So sad! :((

26/08/2015
I started the right sleeve yesterday and decided to work the textured section a little longer (60 rows instead of 40). Since I don’t have any more MC yarn, the lower section of the sleeve from the textured section to the cuff will have to be worked with the 2 contrasting colors, so I think I’ll knit them using the same 2x2 stripes as the pocket linings, then switch to CC2 for the ribbed cuff.

05/10/2015
After much thought, I decided to stop what I was doing, frog and buy another skein of the MC for the sleeves and the icord bind off. I didn’t quite like where this was going and I really want to be happy with my cardigan, so I will redo what I have to do to make this a project I am 100% satisfied with. I will not settle for any less!

07/03/2016
So while trying to undo the bind off, I dropped a few stitches and messed up the short rows of the neck band. I got so upset that I threw the cardigan at the bottom of a drawer and finally just got back to it, 5 months later. I finished undoing the bind off, and frogged the entire neck band so I can start again afresh. If this doesn’t work out now, I’ll frog the entire thing and use the yarn for something else. ‘Nuff said.

10/03/2016
Ok, this project has been nothing but trouble and frustration from start to finish, I have reached my limit. FROGGED!

viewed 98 times
Frogged
July 15, 2015
no date set
About this pattern
2586 projects, in 4388 queues
Crafty-Effie's overall rating
Crafty-Effie's clarity rating
Crafty-Effie's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Cascade Yarns ®
Fingering
75% Merino, 25% Nylon
437 yards / 100 grams

54165 projects

stashed 42292 times

Crafty-Effie's star rating
  • Project created: July 12, 2015
  • Frogged: March 10, 2016
  • Updated: May 31, 2016
  • Progress updates: 7 updates