Maritimer Leinsamen
Finished
July 16, 2021
August 5, 2021

Maritimer Leinsamen

Project info
Flax Light by tincanknits
Knitting
SweaterPullover
Me and Fun
M to L with some positive ease
Needles & yarn
US 4 - 3.5 mm
1,203 yards = 1.1 skeins
YarnArt Rosegarden
0.6 skeins = 656.2 yards (600.0 meters), 150 grams
Blue
YarnArt Rosegarden
0.5 skeins = 546.8 yards (500.0 meters), 125 grams
Brown
Notes

Want to have a striped cotton sweatshirt kind of sweater, so I will give this a try, alternating two colourways of this gradient yarn.

July 16, 2021

Casted on 116 stitches, will work the cuff in rows to avoid twisting

July 17, 2021

Did the short rows after the cast-on ribbing instead of before seperating for the sleeves as I did not want to disturb the stripes.

I do 4 row stripes each, not cutting the yarn, but just carrying it up in the back without twisting (as that showed in the thin fabric)

Had the first colour change in the blue yarn at the last row of the first blue stripe.

July 18, 2021

1st colour change in the white yarn on the 3d row of the 6th stripe.

July 18, 2021

Separated sleeves after 7th blue stripe

July 26, 2021

Working on the 11th blue stripe after sleeve separation - I think it will be the right length with 14 blue stripes.

July 28, 2021

Reached the 14th blue stripe after sleeve separation, will start the bottom ribbing now.

July 29, 2021

Finished the body - I am still not sure if I want to make the sleeves stripey as well or one in blue, one in brown…

August 2, 2021

Finished first sleeve after 12 blue Stripes
Decreased to 62 stitches before starting the cuff

August 6, 2021

Tried it on and the neckline was a little too wide, so I added a row of slipped crochet stitches on the back to tighten it up - now it is fine, though still a bit on the wide side, but that is ok for a summer garment.

When starting a stripe in a new colour, I did a yarnover with the new colour before knitting the first stitch which I then dropped when coming to it for the second time - so the jogs are less visible, but you can still see them. However, as they are on the “side seam” under the right arm, they are not that noticeable.

In hindsight, I should have done the sleeves before continuing the body as the colour difference from the gradient is of course quite visible - but I like it nevertheless and I was too lazy to wind off some yarn for the sleeves. Glad I did them striped,, I think that is nicer than plain in one colour.

Oh, and I of course did not do the garter parts on the sleeves this time.

The weather fits for this garment today, although it is August, we only have around 20 degrees celsius with some light rain - it is nearly too cold for this breeze cotton!

viewed 270 times | helped 1 person
Finished
July 16, 2021
August 5, 2021
 
About this pattern
12580 projects, in 6279 queues
Domic's overall rating
Domic's clarity rating
Domic's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by YarnArt
Fingering
100% Cotton
1094 yards / 250 grams

102 projects

stashed 109 times

Domic's star rating
  • Project created: July 16, 2021
  • Finished: August 5, 2021
  • Updated: August 18, 2021
  • Progress updates: 7 updates