ItMakesYouSmile's projects
WFF 2018
In progress
Progress
75%
March 10 2018
work in progress
Project info
WFF 2018
Machine Knitting
self
SweaterCardigan
Tools and equipment
Yarn
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Herrschners 2-Ply Afghan
Notes

I want to create a garment in the theme colors of the Wisconsin Film Festival 2018. https://2018.wifilmfest.org/

Have created a stitch pattern scheme using a dithered pattern, and overlapping colors.

Thinking of knitting sideways, so stripes go vertically, but change colors horizontally.

I think I want to do a sort of cardigan, jacket thing. Longish, loose. Maybe with no closures. Side split at sides, longer in back than front. Ribbing around all edges. Vertical at hem, wide neck and front band - vertical? or horizontal? Not sure.

These are some projects I’ve found that give me ideas:
Boho Style Mosaic Cardigan
Iba
Big Old Coat
Big Old Coat
Big Old Coat

Swatching

Standard gauge swatch, knitted in fairisle, at T10++.
After machine washing and drying, and blocking:
40s=13.8cm
60r=18cm

Max length (if knitted sideways), 200sts = 27.6in
Red tunic shirt is 25.5in neck to hem. I was hoping for a few more inches than the shirt, so this is good. It’s 50” around at the hem, 44” at the bust. Magenta parka is 30” from neck to hem.

427rows = 50in

Note to self: avoid combining Mulberry and Cream: it looks like bacon!

Body completed. I’m pretty happy with how it worked out. Time lapse video of the whole thing, cast on to cast off. https://youtu.be/1q2peuIoJiw

Sleeves completed. Knitted cuff to shoulder. I used several rows of latchtool chain, in front of the stitches to create a firm edging with a woven appearance. To give it a bit of additional interest, I chained over alternating sets of 2 needles from one row to the next.

I struggled for a very long time to come up with the plan for decreases to make a nice, even trapezoidal shape. Finally, I found the magic formula online. here. It worked, perfectly!!

I have now managed to make friends with my DL1000 linker, at least enough to link up the sleeve seams. We still have some differences to iron out, but I’m hopeful.

viewed 155 times | helped 1 person
In progress
Progress
75%
March 10 2018
work in progress
About this pattern
Personal pattern (not in Ravelry)
About this yarn
by Herrschners
Sport
100% Acrylic
220 yards / 56 grams

1268 projects

stashed 1555 times

ItMakesYouSmile's star rating
  • Project created: March 11, 2018
  • In progress: March 11, 2018
  • Updated: August 28, 2018
  • Progress updates: 2 updates