Jhocy's projects
Grey and Broody
Finished
January 2, 2011
March 11, 2011
Project info
Grey and Broody
Dark and Stormy by Thea Colman
Knitting
Me
40"
Needles & yarn
US 7 - 4.5 mm
madelinetosh Tosh Vintage
none left in stash
7 skeins = 1400.0 yards (1280.2 meters), 770 grams
Gray
madelinetosh
Notes

This yarn is just … delicious!

6 Jan 2011: Haven’t touched this in a couple of days, I had doubts about my chart rows but after careful study I can confirm that I am on the right track. Just started the cable panels and working down the front V slowly.

8 Jan 10: Knitting on! I re-did the charts and combined them so that I don’t keep going back and forth on two pages.

11 Feb 2011: 5 rows to go and I will be separating the sleeves. I finished the 3rd set of cable on the back and that’s when I joined the second skein. The yarn seems to be growing in the ball!

12 Feb 2011: Sleeves separated! My row gauge must be off because I overshot the 8” marker to get 66 sleeve stitches but it was good since the sleeves were not nearly big enough then so I worked until I got the stitch count prior to separating.

18 Feb 2011: Joined in 4th skein and going quicker now. I measured it at 10inches when I put it down for the night and the ball is about halfway over. Will definitely knit the body longer though.

22 Feb 2011: Powered through the longer body and bottom ribbing during the long weekend and 2 days of being off sick. Picked up the front band and just finished the short rows for the shawl collar. Now on to the very very long rows of ribbing. I might do an extra inch on the band to make sure I can close them properly. I decided on smaller round pearl buttons but placing two of them closer together then with a gap followed by two more, etc. Got the idea from a store-bought cardigan which I love.

3 Mar 2011: One sleeve done, just picked up stitches for the second one.

4 Mar 2011: I frogged back the left sleeve down to the 6th decrease row because 1) they seemed a bit snug at the forearm and b) the back raglan did not line up hence the sleeve was too short. I managed to get both sleeves up to the same spot so I knitted them at the same time after that.

11 Mar 2011: Done! Decreased the sleeve stitches down to 62, which is the perfect fit for my big arms. Did 14 rows of 1x1 ribbing for the cuff using 4mm needles then bound off loosely with the 4.5s. I will be wet-blocking it before sewing the buttons on.

viewed 832 times
Finished
January 2, 2011
March 11, 2011
 
About this pattern
1719 projects, in 6155 queues
Jhocy's overall rating
Jhocy's clarity rating
Jhocy's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by madelinetosh
Worsted
100% Merino
200 yards

45223 projects

stashed 35922 times

Jhocy's star rating
  • Originally queued: December 8, 2010
  • Project created: January 3, 2011
  • Finished: March 11, 2011
  • Updated: August 11, 2011
  • Progress updates: 9 updates