Tralalalala
Finished
September 15, 2013
October 19, 2013

Tralalalala

Project info
Ohlala by Joji Locatelli
Knitting
Me
38/40
Needles & yarn
US 6 - 4.0 mm
US 2½ - 3.0 mm
1,077 yards
Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Merino DK
none left in stash
2 skeins = 936.0 yards (855.9 meters), 400 grams
Black
Sundara Yarn DK Merino the 2nd
705 yards in stash
0.5 skeins = 141.0 yards (128.9 meters), 75 grams
Yellow-green
Rav destash from HBinVA
Notes

Joining the KAL on Joji’s group.
Swatching done! Just going to give my knitting fingers a bit of a break before I start this.

15 Sept 2013: Cast on! A bit fiddly to start but once you get going it all falls into place. Been knitting nonstop since I got home from work and amazed at how quickly it works up. Such a relief after working with sock yarn!

16 Sept 2013: Started the waist decrease section. Still loving it.

19 Sept 2013: Doing more increases to accommodate by child-bearing hips. Not sure now if I should block it first to see the fit or just get on with the knitting. Decided not to add the pockets this time.

21 Sept 2013: Time to pick up for sleeves, and I have way too many stitches! Had to do it three times to get a decent number. Picked up every other stitch and ended with 84 as opposed to just 68 for my size, but then again my arms are not exactly proportional to the 38/40 size. Going for broke, wish me luck!

16 Oct 2013: Took a longer time out than planned, thanks to gift and commissioned knits, but done with first sleeve now. 15 sets of decreases down to 52sts, then 25 rows of ribbing on 3mm needles. Suspended bind off in pattern.

19 Oct 2013: Thanks to Cristi and Ruth for their input on how to pick up stitches for the buttonband. Because I lengthened my cardigan, I had to deviate from the pattern. I picked up 115 stitches. I also added more rows to the band as I am unsure of the ease of the final garment. Used a 3-stitch one row button hole technique which is sturdier than anything I’ve tried before. Ended up with 9 buttonholes, but this is before adding the neck band. Not sure now if I will add a buttonhole on the neckband or not.

Final notes: Ended up with ten buttonholes, but left the top without a button because there was a hiccup in button shipment. I’m not worried, I love my new cardigan and can’t wait to start wearing it.

viewed 419 times | helped 3 people
Finished
September 15, 2013
October 19, 2013
 
About this pattern
from J O J I
87 projects, in 723 queues
Jhocy's overall rating
Jhocy's clarity rating
Jhocy's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Sundara Yarn
DK
100% Merino
282 yards / 150 grams

112 projects

stashed 183 times

Jhocy's star rating
About this yarn
by Rohrspatz & Wollmeise
DK
100% Merino
468 yards / 200 grams

18751 projects

stashed 25510 times

Jhocy's star rating
Jhocy's adjectives for this yarn
  1. Soft
  2. Squishy
  • Originally queued: September 6, 2013
  • Project created: September 12, 2013
  • Finished: October 19, 2013
  • Updated: October 31, 2013
  • Progress updates: 6 updates