Jhocy's projects
Working Girl
Finished
March 18, 2013
July 1, 2013
Project info
Working Girl
Turmeric by Veera Välimäki
Knitting
Small
Needles & yarn
US 3 - 3.25 mm
US 2½ - 3.0 mm
ColourMart Cashmere/Cotton/Angora/Merino/Viscose 3/15NM fingering
615 yards in stash
1.25 skeins = 1025.0 yards (937.3 meters), 187 grams
Gray
March 17, 2013
Notes

Swatched on 3.75mm but it was too loose for my liking even after blocking. I liked what 3.25mm gave me and because of the positive ease of the garment I am certain I can fit into this.

18 Mar 2013: I was just about to end the short rows on the neckband when I realised I twisted the join. Good thing the yarn is grabby so I didn’t have to re-do the cast on. Frogged slowly back to the first round and found the twist ten stitches in so managed to save it and knit properly.

19 Mar 2013: Just about ready to split for the body.

22 Mar 2013: Working down the body now and loving it. The fabric feels great on my skin and judging from how my small swatch blossomed and softened, it will only get better after a wash.

25 Mar 2013: Slow going, but I now have 8 inches on the body so not very long to go.

26 Mar 2013: Ordered another cone of the yarn as I’m worried I’ll run out before the sleeves. This way I can add more length to both body and sleeves.

6 Apr 2013: Been knitting on and off on the body and I think I reached the length I want so binding off now. I am out of yarn but the second cone is on its way so I should be able to finish this soon.

9 Apr 2013: Second cone of yarn has arrived, decided to unpick the bottom band because I know I messed up the decrease row. Also switching to 3mm for the garter stitch band.

12 Apr 2013: Done with the body but the bind off still seems tight despite using suspended bind off so will unpick it and redo with a larger needle. But first need to finish the sleeves. Plan to do something that ends just above the elbow.

1 Jul 2012: The sleeves took longer then planned but happy that it is now the way I want it. Had to redo the hem as the yarn join somehow got frayed. Frogged two rows and reknitted. It’s had a soak and now blocking to dry. Can’t wait to try it on!

Observations:
The fabric definitely grew. See the WIP photo of the neckband and the finished one. I did ot expect the neckline to be that wide. I can’t wear something like this so will be looking out for grey/black or transparent elastic thread to bring it in.

I love ow the blocked fabric has bloomed. It filled up the unevenness of the stitches.

The pattern itself is great and easy to follow. Until you reach the increases down the front, you can pretty much go on your own and knit as long or as short as you like.

viewed 339 times
Finished
March 18, 2013
July 1, 2013
 
About this pattern
306 projects, in 606 queues
Jhocy's overall rating
Jhocy's clarity rating
Jhocy's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by ColourMart
Fingering
45% Cotton, 20% Rayon, 15% Angora, 15% Merino, 5% Cashmere goat
787 yards / 150 grams

522 projects

stashed 711 times

Jhocy's star rating
  • Project created: March 19, 2013
  • Finished: July 1, 2013
  • Updated: July 29, 2013
  • Progress updates: 4 updates