SewTechnicolor's projects
Miette Cardigan
August 10 2014
November 7 2014
Project info
Miette Cardigan
Miette by Andi Satterlund
Needles & yarn
US 7 - 4.5 mm
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Worsted
176 yards in stash
7.5 skeins = 825.0 yards (754.4 meters), 375 grams
Knit Picks
June 21, 2014

I knitted the 42” bust size, which theoretically would have been a bit loose, but my gauge was off so it ended up being fitted like it should (probably 2-3” negative ease?). Here are the changes I made:

-Knitted 4 extra rows with no increasing before removing sleeves, because the raglan was not long enough (too tight under the arm). Then it was still too tight under the arm, so I cast on 9 stitches under each arm.

-Because of the 18 extra stitches, I had to decrease differently. I moved the decreases to the sides. I started decreasing on row 56 of the body and did mirror decreases (ssk and k2tog) on each even row, ending on row 76. And because of changing all of that, I got off with the lace pattern, so I had to knit 6 more rows to complete the lace design at the bottom.

-For the sleeves, I also had to evenly decrease to deal with extra stitches cast on under the arm. I did the mirrored decreases on row 1 (as the pattern said), then knit rows 2-11. Starting on row 12, decreased 1 stitch every even-numbered row up to (and including) row 46. Alternated between k2tog and ssk, like the pattern did. Rows 47 and 48: knitted, then continued on with the pattern and the lace design.

Picked up 61 stitches for button bands and 118 for the neck edging.

Whew! That was a lot of math. :) And a lot of changes for such a simple little sweater! But I’m pleased with how it fits.

Participating in the Summer Sweater Knit Along!

viewed 132 times | helped 2 people
August 10 2014
November 7 2014
About this pattern
2718 projects, in 4357 queues
SewTechnicolor's overall rating
SewTechnicolor's clarity rating
SewTechnicolor's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Knit Picks
100% Wool
110 yards / 50 grams

74840 projects

stashed 55102 times

SewTechnicolor's star rating
  • Project created: August 10, 2014
  • Finished: November 7, 2014
  • Updated: January 15, 2015
  • Progress updates: 6 updates