Easter Shawl
April 6, 2012
April 13, 2012

Easter Shawl

Project info
Assemblé Lace Shawl & Shawlette by Linda Browning
Neck / TorsoShawl / Wrap
68" x 24"
Needles & yarn
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Plymouth Yarn Mushishi
189 yards in stash
0.8 skeins = 392.8 yards (359.2 meters), 200 grams
45793, 45792

06 Apr
Okay, I’m sure this won’t be finished by Easter, but it is Easter weekend that I’ve started it and there are some pastel sections that make me think of Easter eggs, thus the name.

I’m attempting the full shawl even though it is labeled intermediate. We’ll see if I rank as an intermediate knitter after just 6 months of knitting!

07 Apr
I had to switch over to the chart from the written instructions on row 46. Oddly, it seems I do best with written instructions when working in the round and charted instruction when working flat.

13 Apr
Used Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-off. I guess my gauge was a bit tight because I only managed to block this to 68” x 24”. Not quite the full size shawl and that is with very heavy blocking. But then it needs the hard blocking to really open up the lace.

15 Apr
All blocked and off the blocking board! The hard blocking made it the perfect size!

I think if I had to do this over again, I would use a different yarn. Mostly because Mushishi feels nice to work with, but post-blocking it gets fairly prickly. Also, before blocking, I thought that I would want to use US9 if I made this again, but after blocking, I think the US8 worked just fine.

All in all, I think I like my first shawl! Yay!

2016 Feb
I never use this since the yarn is a bit too scratchy and I’m just not a shawl person. So I’ve frogged this and am using the yarn to make placemats.

viewed 189 times
April 6, 2012
April 13, 2012
About this pattern
53 projects, in 134 queues
aug3zimm's overall rating
aug3zimm's clarity rating
aug3zimm's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Plymouth Yarn
95% Wool, 5% Silk
491 yards / 250 grams

3459 projects

stashed 2849 times

aug3zimm's star rating
  • Originally queued: April 1, 2012
  • Project created: April 6, 2012
  • Updated: February 22, 2016
  • Progress updates: 5 updates