bioartist's projects
Barmaids Are Tasty
Finished
July 27 2012
August 12 2012
Project info
Barmaids Are Tasty
Corseted Mitts by Carina Spencer
Knitting
me
small/medium
Needles & yarn
US 4 - 3.5 mm
Indigodragonfly MerGoat Worsted
81 yards in stash
0.6 skeins = 108.0 yards (98.8 meters), 69 grams
Black
Indigodragonfly
February 18, 2012
Notes

Stolen while in Vancouver, BC :(

Using #4 square DPNs

Used JSSBO for the palm BOs, but should have used it for the thumb BOs too. Before blocking it was a super tight fit, so blocking really helped loosen it up and now they fit perfect.

Due to a fatal misreading of the pattern notes and failing at schematic logic I bought the wrong width ribbon - 1/4 inch instead of 3/4 inch. I spent a long time agonizing over being limited to such skinny ribbon too since all the ribbons I wanted were thicker. Once I got back home and actually tried to match the photo for how I was lacing them up I realized my error and I really can’t live with the too-skinny yarn. I’m not even sure the buttons I got have an opening big enough for the thicker ribbon I want (I liked the styling of having the ribbon threaded through the button and showing on the right side), so I may need to get new buttons too. Ugh. Back to Jo-Ann’s in the morning.

5/8” ribbon seemed to be the magic number. I got black velvet ribbon - the satin just looked too cheap and I couldn’t find the right red/purple in the right width. I also had to get new buttons because the ribbon wouldn’t fit through the buttons I got before. I decided on regular shank buttons and I just sewed the buttons onto the ribbon like the pattern says. They look great! Fancy, but not too girly.

51 g left

I’m posting all general Ravellenic photos here as well:
Ravellenic yarns
Team Doom shirt logos
yarn+needles+swatches pile
swatches!
Team Doom shirt
Day 1 progress
Day 2 progress
Day 3 progress
Day 4 progress
Day 5 progress
Day 6 progress
Day 7 progress
Day 8 progress
Day 10 progress
Day 11 progress
Day 13 progress
The blocking house

viewed 693 times | helped 1 person
Finished
July 27 2012
August 12 2012
 
About this pattern
287 projects, in 445 queues
bioartist's overall rating
bioartist's clarity rating
bioartist's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Indigodragonfly
Worsted
80% Merino, 10% Nylon, 10% Cashmere goat
180 yards / 115 grams

212 projects

stashed 265 times

bioartist's star rating
  • Originally queued: April 2, 2012
  • Project created: July 12, 2012
  • Finished: August 12, 2012
  • Updated: June 7, 2014
  • Progress updates: 7 updates