lankakeiju's projects
Purple Belle
Finished
October 29, 2013
November 23, 2013
Project info
Purple Belle
Silver Belle/Romy by Debbie Bliss
Knitting
me
S/M
Needles & yarn
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Garnstudio DROPS Lima
31 yards in stash
14.68 skeins = 1438.6 yards (1315.5 meters), 734 grams
1202
Red-purple
Lankatalo Tapion kauppa
October 22, 2013
Notes

This is beautiful cardigan but I think that it will need little modification.

October 29th: I started to knit left sleeve.
October 31st: I decided to do little shoulder shapings so that cardigan will fit me better.
November 1st: I had to little think how I will get good fit for the sleeve. But then I got good idea how to do that. Or at least I think so. I hope that it will work.
November 3rd: I finished left sleeve/yoke and started right.
November 10th: I finished right sleeve/yoke and started to knit peplum.
November 11th: There is a mistake in Finnish pattern! There isn’t first cable turn in big cable pattern. And I had knitted so many rows before I noticed that it isn’t looking good. I had to fix it somehow.
November 18th: I finished peplum and blocked it. I’m little worried will I have enough yarn.
November 23rd: I finished cardigan just before Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special.

I like this cardigan very much. I was little surprised how well my modifications worked. Cardigan fits me perfectly.

Modifications:

  • I started increasing at sleeve after I had knitted 23 rows. I increased every 12th row 6 times and every 8th rows 2 times (= 82 s).
  • I started shoulder shapings after I had knitted 17 rows after last increasings. I used short rows: First I left 5 s in both sides, then 2 x 2 s and then 6 x 1 s.
  • I wanted little longer cardigan than in the pattern and I had less stitches in the sleeve, so I casted on 40 stitch for the yoke. I used provisional cast on so I don’t need to sew seam later. I made some shapings to the body part so that I will get proper set in sleeve: First I worked 2 s after seed stitch pattern, cable, 31 s after seed stitch pattern and then purled two together (I decreased first sleeve s). Then I turned and worked after pattern 40 s. I repeated these two rows together 5 times. After last decreasing I took next sleeve s to work. Then I knitted 4 rows after pattern so that I took every 2nd row one sleeve s more to work. After that I worked after pattern to the second edge of the sleeve. I knitted the second side of the body part similarly = 152 s.
  • I didn’t like collar of the pattern so I made cable collar: I casted on 6 s and knitted after cable pattern until length was right. I also made short rows at the edges of the neck.
viewed 385 times
Finished
October 29, 2013
November 23, 2013
 
About this pattern
407 projects, in 2128 queues
lankakeiju's overall rating
lankakeiju's clarity rating
lankakeiju's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Garnstudio
DK
65% Wool, 35% Alpaca
109 yards / 50 grams

22072 projects

stashed 12082 times

lankakeiju's star rating
  • Originally queued: February 13, 2012
  • Project created: October 29, 2013
  • Updated: November 24, 2013
  • Progress updates: 11 updates