Ravelry Mobile Site
The Ravelry Mobile site (m.ravelry.com) is website being designed to work especially well with small touch screens and slower connections.
It works on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 6 and higher, and Windows Phone 8.
We’re slowly adding features and we hope that it will eventually be a faster and more fun way to use Ravelry from your mobile device.
It’s very much a work in progress but here are a few useful things that you can do today:
Look up patterns and view the pattern information
Look at your queue
Look at your projects
Upload project photos
Search for yarn stores
Download pattern PDFs that are free or in your library, purchase patterns that are available as Ravelry Downloads
Browse the forums, reply, and edit posts
Wooly is the first Apple iOS app to provide on-the-go access to your Ravelry Notebook. Built by a couple of real knitters with Love for all you fiber fans out there.
iTunes Top 10 paid iPhone app in the Lifestyle category (June 2012)
- View and edit your Project details and add Project photos
- Access your Queue and each queued project’s details
- Access your Stash and each stashed yarn’s details
- View a list of your Friends, their Projects and their project details
- Add Photos to your Projects and Stash
- Built in photo editor allows you to make enhancements to your photos before uploading them directly to Ravelry
- Edit and update information about Projects in your My Projects list
The knitters behind Wooly (brothers MenKnitToo & dstys) want you to know that we’re here for the long haul…like that never ending scarf you’re knitting. Contact us through the in-app feedback system and get a nearly instant response about your ideas and feature requests.
Please join our Ravelry Group with over 1,700 members and say hello!
Ravulous is an Android app which uses the Ravelry API to offer a couple of potentially useful knitterly things on-the-go. It’s no substitute for the amazingness of the Ravelry website, but here are some things you can do from your pocket:
- Upload photos to projects and stashed yarns straight from your phone’s camera or gallery! (Requires Ravelry Photo Uploader, a separate free app)
- Receive notifications when you get new Ravelry messages and unread forum replies
- Search for patterns and yarns by name, and look at photos and yardages required
- Look at your queued projects, with recommended yarn and yardages required - handy for yarn shopping!
- See your project details and edit your project notes
- Admire your stash
Ravulous works on both phones and tablets and is available in both the Google Play Store and the Amazon Marketplace for £1. Come and say hello in the Ravulous group if you want to find out more about the app!
Stitch for Windows Phone
Stitch is a Windows Phone 7 app that will allow you to access your Ravelry information on the go! You can see your projects, queued projects and the patterns for both of these from the slick Windows Phone styled interface. You can view free patterns on the phone, and you can also upload photos to your projects making it even easier to share your work with the world.
Stitch is completely free and is an open source project which is continually being worked on and improved to add new features - for more information check out the website at http://stitch-app.com
Yarma - an iOS Camera App
Yarma is an iOS camera app designed to work with your Ravelry notebook. Take a picture of your latest WIP, FO or new yarn, apply filters to finesse your image and upload it direct to the relevant project or stash!
The Yarma Ravelry group is here.
Yarma is designed to work with iPhone & iPod touch, but it will also work on your iPad.
Ravelry Photo Uploader
Upload your photos directly to Ravelry.com from your Android phone or tablet!
Ravelry mobile site - Go to m.ravelry.com to find out more
Ravulous - Take a photo with your phone’s camera, or choose one or more photos from your gallery, and select Share with Ravulous. Your photos will be uploaded to Ravelry, and you can add them to a project or stashed yarn!
Knitting / crochet row counter.
Super simple user interface, with a big friendly number to tell you what row you’re on. Tap the screen at the end of a row to count up or down. The phone stays awake while you’re on the counting screen, so you don’t have to keep turning it back on again.
The Plus version allows you to have multiple row counters going. Ravelry users can also import your current WIP names, and edit your project notes. (Press menu on the first screen to sync with Ravelry - other counters you have set up separately won’t be overwritten).
You can also share finished projects on Twitter/Google+/Facebook/email/whatever other sociable type apps you have installed on your Android device!
Knitwits for Android
Do you like to knit or crochet? Knitwits is the ultimate knitting and crocheting companion, designed to fit all your needs! Keep track of all your knitting/crocheting project information and the calculation and inventory info is handy for when buying yarn or needles for a new project. You can even view your Ravelry stash or import all your projects from Ravelry, and update them on the go!
- Intelligent row counter (informs you of completion, stitch increase/decrease and pattern rows)
- Store photos and detailed notes of all your projects
- Import and edit all your Ravelry projects
- View your Ravelry Stash (edit coming soon!)
- Store your knitting needle and crochet hook inventory
- Needle and hook size conversions between US and metric
- Yarn weight standards chart
- Calculate the amount you need for a substitute wool or yarn for your pattern
- A variety of light and dark themes
Come say hello in the Knitwits group here on Ravelry!
I’m constantly looking for ways to improve your experience, if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to email me - email@example.com
Stash2Go is not just about stash, it allows to many other things, which are impossible with only a web browser. Note that Stash2Go is an universal app, which is developed for both the iPhone and iPad. Currently, there is no other native iPad app available that connects with the Ravelry programming interface.
The free version of this app can be found below on this page.
Skein for iOS
Skein takes the guesswork out of shopping for yarn by providing you with quick access to Ravelry’s wealth of information with a few quick taps.
Check the dye lot of a yarn in your stash, make a shopping list, or take notes for later. Planning a trip? Use Skein to tap into Ravelry’s database of local shops to plan your yarn tourism, or find a shop once you arrive.
Skein makes yarn shopping even more fun.
Ravulous Hot Right Now
Ravulous Hot Right Now is a widget that showcases the most fashionable patterns in Ravelry. It can be placed on the home screen or lock screen of your Android device. If you also have Ravulous installed, you can click through to the pattern screen, to find out more.
Knitting and Crochet Buddy (Android)
Knitting and Crochet Buddy (Knitting Buddy) is an all-in-one knitting and crochet project tracker. With over 10,000 downloads and a 4+ star rating in the Google Play Store, this app is a must download!
Knitting Buddy isn’t your standard knitting row counter -- it is a true knitting and crochet project tracker. Here are more details about the features of Knitting Buddy:
- Multiple Project Support
- Row Counter
- Repeat Counter
- Display Pattern on the Main Screen
- Needle & Hook Log
- Project Timer
- Notes Page for each Project
- Global and Project Specific Settings
- Track Percent Project Complete
- Add Project Photographs
- Needle and Hook conversion charts
- Abbreviations Dictionary
- Yarn Charts
- Different Project and Button Themes (Pro feature)
free & limited version