13803 Cardigan with Neck-Line Variations
This stranded colorwork cardigan has crocheted edgings, two neckline variations and a knit/purl diamond texture in the solid color portions of the sweater. Seed bead and sequin trim is optional. Note: This pattern was also published as a separate leaflet.
- Five sizes are offered ranging from 36.625 inches (93 cm) to 47.25 inches (120 cm) finished chest measurements.
- Two colorways are shown. One requires 5-7 balls of one color, 3-4 of a second and 2 of a third. The other uses 5-7 balls of a main color and 2 each of 3 other colors.
- Circular and double pointed needles in both sizes are needed as is a crochet hook in US size D/3 (3mm). Stitch holders and a blunt tapestry needle for sewing seams are required. Seed beads and sequins are optional and amounts are not specified.
- The main body of the sweater is knit in the round to the armpits and steeked. It is worked back and forth from there to the shoulders. Set in sleeves are knit in the round to the armpit and back and forth to the shoulder. Edgings are crocheted.
- Charts are provided for the color work and knit/purl texture. Instructions for a crew or v-neck version are provided.
- Accessory patterns for a cap, scarf and wrist warmers are also available but not included in the yarn requirements stated here.