#21 Cabled Pullover
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2007: “A timeless ski sweater by Donna Karan New York (DKNY) goes 21st-century mod with some flared flair. This tunic-length pullover gets its distinct form from a combination of allover cables, circular yoke shaping and a ribbed mock turtleneck. The body and sleeves, knit in Lion Brand Yarn’s ‘Lion Cashmere Blend,’ are stitched in the round to the yoke, where everything is joined and knit upward circularly.”
“Very oversized, decreased cable pullover with circular yoke and turtleneck, by DKNY. Shown in one size on page 138.”
- Bust 55”/139.5cm
- Length 31”/78.5cm
- Upper arm 13¾”/35cm
- 1991 Yarn: 14 3½oz/100g balls (each approx 160 yd/147m) of Hayfield/Cascade Brig Aran (wool) in #19001 ecru
- 2007 Yarn: 29 1½oz/40g balls (each approx 84yd/77m) Lion Brand Yarn Lion Cashmere Blend (merino wool/cashmere/nylon) in #150 silver
- One pair each sizes 6 and 7 (4 and 4.5mm) circular needles, 24”/60cm length or size to obtain gauge
- Two size 7 (4.5mm) circular needles 36”/90cm length
- One set (5) each size 6 and 7 (4 and 4.5mm) double-pointed needles (dpn)
- Cable needle (cn)
- Stitch holders and stitch markers
This pattern was originally printed by Vogue Knitting in Fall 1991.
This is the pattern on the book cover.
Front, back, sleeves worked flat until joining yoke in the round. Yoke can be done on 2 circs.
Brown Sheep is a recommended substitution.