#50 Kimono Jacket
Pattern is titled “Jacket And Pants” at the Vogue Knitting website.
This pattern is pictured on the last page of patterns in Vogue Knitting, Fall 2007, but the pattern has to be downloaded - it’s not included in the issue. The complete pattern for both pants and matching kimono jacket can be downloaded for free from the charts section of the Vogue website or it can be purchased for $6.00 from the Vogue store.
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2007: “Have a harlequin romance with Maie Landra’s kimono-and-pants pairing, knit in a variation of the Koigu creator’s signature mitered technique. The jacket, which floats balloon sleeves, incorporates seventeen colors of yarn and two sizes of modularly knit squares; the cropped pants employ a beaded seed-stitch tuxedo piping down the side of each leg. Both are worked in ‘KPPPM’ from Koigu Wool Designs.”
“Oversized kimono-style jacket with ¾ balloon sleeves and loose-fitting pants both made with multiple squares which are formed by 4 triangles. Jacket is sized for one size fits most.”
- Bust (buttoned) 48”/122cm
- Length 25”/63.5cm
- 3 1¾oz/50g skeins (each approx 175yd/160m) of Koigu Wool Designs KPPPM in 2425 (MC)
- 2 skeins each in P111, P118B, P142, P146, P132, P335, P407, P441, P5116, P5110, P525D, P527, P535, P615, P815, P830L and P900
- One pair size 3 (3.25mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Approximately 2,150 assorted 4mm beads (optional)
Gauge: 1 small square = 2½” / 6.5cm (after blocking) using size 3 (3.25mm) needles. Take time to check gauge.
Pattern includes directions for matching tuxedo pants.