Alien Invasion Beanie
Skill level: Intermediate
The aliens are attacking!!!—Your head.
This is a super fun beanie for any alien loving kid (or adult) in your life.
Using the Fair Isle technique this beanie will fit all ages and can be made in all colors. The ones pictured are just a touch of the combinations you can create.
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project. Don’t know how to do Fair Isle? Don’t worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section (13 pages!!!) that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
Lightweight or fingering yarn
Sizes Included are:
Baby: 15” circumference
Child: 17” circumference
Woman: 20” circumference
Man: 22” circumference
The beanie includes full written instructions as well as a color chart for the Fair Isle portion.