All Ages Bubbly Beanie
Skill Level: Intermediate
This beanie is the perfect way to learn a new crochet technique.
The self-striping yarn does all the color work and the simple repeat gives you an easy intro to Fair Isle crochet.
Using the Fair Isle technique this beanie will fit all ages and can be made in all colors. The one pictured are just a touch of the combinations you can create. Use solid color yarn instead of self-striping for a much more subtle effect.
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project. Don’t know how to do Fair Isle? Don’t worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section (13 pages!!!) that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
- How to make a magic adjustable loop.
The beanie includes full written instructions as well as a color chart for the Fair Isle portion.
Sportweight, sock weight, fingering
Baby: 15” circumference
Child: 17” circumference
Woman: 20” circumference
Man: 22” circumference