All Ages Mix Tape Beanie
Skill level: Intermediate
What’s better than an 80’s perm? Something to cover it -- like this Mix Tape Beanie!
If you miss your badly recorded radio mix tapes with the DJ talking over the first 10 seconds of the each song, then get your fix by making this super fun slightly slouchy beanie.
Using the Fair Isle technique this beanie will fit all ages and can be made in all colors. The ones pictured are just a touch of the combinations you can create.
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project. Don’t know how to do Fair Isle? Don’t worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section (13 pages!!!) that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
I also have video tutorials available for all the techniques in a link provided in the pattern.