All Ages Pixelated Beanie
Skill level: Intermediate
Exploding color boundaries are what give this pixelated beanie its great visual interest.
Whether using monochromatic or contrasting colors, this easy fair isle pattern looks incredibly complicated and intricate.
Using the Fair Isle technique this beanie will fit all ages and can be made in all colors. The ones pictured are just a touch of the combinations you can create.
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project. Don’t know how to do Fair Isle? Don’t worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section (13 pages!!!) that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
- How to make a magic adjustable loop.
Sizes Included are:
Baby: 15” circumference
Child: 17” circumference
Woman: 20” circumference
Man: 22” circumference
The beanie includes full written instructions as well as a color chart for the Fair Isle portion.