Alsace Le Monstre Doll & Hat Combo
The hat and doll pattern may each be purchased individually, for $5.50 and $6.50, respectively. You save $2.50 buying them both together.”
Pattern Description from MarnieMacLean.com: “Alsace Le Monstre makes a perfect shower gift, or a gift for a friend or family member. And for those times when you aren’t sure who you’ll be knitting for, it is equally suited to a little boy or girl. Knit up at a tight gauge in superwash merino, this piece is easy to care for and will be a delight for the baby (of any age) who receives it. For optimal ease of care, choose a fiberfill that’s washable.
Alsace is shown in purple and green, my favorite monstery color combination, but you could work him in any other colors you wish. Maroon and gold, blue and yellow, red and black—all would be equally charming.
2 balls each of the main and contrasting color, is enough to make two sets of dolls and hats in opposing color combinations.
Doll Size: One size: About 12” tall when standing
- S - Baby: Circumference: 14”/36 cm Height (not counting horns) 6.25”/16 cm
- M - Toddler: Circumference:16”/40 cm Height (not counting horns) 7.25”/18.5 cm
- L - Child: Circumference:18”/46 cm Height (not counting horns) 8.25”/21 cm
- US 4 (3.5 mm) double-pointed needles (dpns), set of 4 or 5 (or size to obtain gauge)
- (Optional, but recommended) Two (2) US 4 (3.5 mm) circular needles, for working the limbs of the doll (or size to obtain gauge)
- US E (3.5 mm) crochet hook
- Debbie Bliss Rialto 100% superwash merino, 115 yd/105 m
- 2 balls MC (Purple)
- 1 ball CC (Moss)
- Less than 1 ball black
- Less than 1 ball white
- A small amount of washable fiberfill to stuff eye and horns
- Tapestry needle
Gauge: 23 sts and 34 rows = 4” (10 cm) in stockinette stitch on US #4 (3.5 mm) needles, or size to obtain gauge.
What you get You are purchasing a PDF download. You will need a free copy of Adobe Acrobat to open and print the file. I accept Pay Pal payments only.
The hat pattern is 3 pages long plus a cover and the doll pattern is 5 pages long, plus a cover. The PDF is in color but should print fine in black and white. To knit these patterns, you must be able to:
- Knit in the round
- Cast on
- Bind off
- Work simple crochet
- Duplicate stitch