The Ambrosia cowl is worked in the round as a seamless tube. The two textures of its body are connected on the diagonal with a slipped stitch chain worked as a simple one by two cable.
The pattern is knitted in Artesano Aran, a soft 50/50 wool-alpaca brend, a soft bouncy yarn that comes in many shades.
- Difficulty Intermediate — knit, purl, slipped stitches, simple cabling, knitting in the round and simple finishing.
- Finished Measurements 21 in / 53.5 cm circumference and 9 in / 23 cm tall.
- Gauge 14 sts and 26 rnds = 4 in / 10 cm in garter stitch using 5mm (US 8) needles, measured after light blocking without stretching. Adjust needle size if necessary to get the correct gauge.
- Yarn Artesano Aran (50% superfine alpaca, 50% Peruvian highland wool; 144 yds / 132 m / 100g): #C859 walnut, 1 skein. Substitute with approximately 140 yds / 130 m of Aran weight yarn. Yarn amount may vary if using different yarn.
- Needles and Notions Size 8 (5mm) 16 in / 40 cm circular needles or a set of double pointed needles. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge. Markers, cable needle and tapestry needle.