Amigurumi Crochet Cherries
Why not crochet yourself a bowl full of cherries? Some turn out sweet while others are sour, but all of them are cute. And unlike real cherries, they’ll forever be just as fresh as the day you stitched them!
The crochet part of this pattern is quite simple, but the assembly is a bit difficult. That’s why I’ve given you plenty of step-by-step instructions and photos to help guide your way.
In worsted weight yarn with an F hook, your cherries will be approximately 2” tall and 2” wide, and the stems will add another 5” or so to the height (though gauge is not important for this pattern). To work this pattern, you’ll need the following skills…
- Basic crochet stitches (ch, sc, hdc, sl st)
- Working increases and decreases
- Counting stitches and rows
- Basic hand sewing
And you’ll need the following materials…
- worsted weight yarn in red (about 30 yards) and
green (roughly 12 yards).
- 9 mm black safety eyes (with washers/backs)
- small amount of black yarn for embroidering mouths (and eyes, if desired)
- small amount of poly fill or other stuffing