Amigurumi Hot Dog Dachshund Animal
This PDF pattern describes in US terminology how to crochet a cute little wiener dog as shown on picture, including the hot dog bun.
The bun will be attached to the dog using crocheted straps and a (optional) sewing snap button so it can be removed from the dog if you wish to.
Finished size will be approx. 5.5” (14 cm) tall and approx. 9” (23 cm) long, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), with hook size E (3.5 mm).
If you wish to make a taller or smaller version of this dog, you can just use thicker or thinner yarn / crochet hook. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn.
The pattern is worked in continuous rounds.
Materials used :
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn in the colors brown (approx. 65 gr), cream (approx. 35 gr), small amounts of black, yellow, red
- Fiberfill stuffing, safety eyes 9 mm, white felt, optional : 1 sewing snap button 0.3” (0.8 cm)
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
- Black or brown sewing thread, lighter shade of brown yarn or floss to embroider
Stitches used :
chain, slip stitch, single crochet, bead stitch (instructions included), increasing and decreasing
Skill level : advanced beginner
Gauge is not important for this pattern, just crochet tight enough so your stuffing will not show through the stitches.
If you like this design, check out my Ravelry store for more !
Pattern is my own original design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as an instand download after received payment. There is also a printer friendly version included.