- the dispersal of plant seeds or spores by the wind
This stitch pattern reminds me of the the tiny fly-away seeds on the flowers in my front yard. It looks impressive but is surprisingly simple to execute (the leg is really just a fancy rib). The curvy lines of the main motif are echoed in the curves of the gusset and in the arch shaping, and all those curvy lines make your feet look awesome.
The pattern is written in three sizes. They’re shown here in a thinner yarn at a gauge of 8.5 stitches per inch, which fits a foot or leg of 7.25, 8.25, or 9.25 inches. But they also work in a thicker yarn at a gauge of 7.5 stitches per inch, which fits a foot or leg of 8.25, 9.5, or 10.5 inches.
These are perfect for you if:
- You want to do something clever with your next gusset
- You love how arch shaping makes your feet look
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)