Aviatrix Clutch and iPad Cover
Stock up and save! Buy 2 patterns, get 1 of equal or lesser value for free. Place 3 patterns in the same cart, then input coupon code Buy2Get1.
Knit quickly in a bulky yarn at a firm gauge, this clutch features a bold birdcage cable on a background of garter stitch. Firm enough to make without a lining (though instructions are included), the piece is knit completely seamlessly beginning with Judy’s Magic Cast On, worked sideways and kitchenered together. It is finished with an I-cord wristlet loop and a zipper. The smaller size perfectly fits a Kindle; the larger size, an iPad.
3-page PDF includes both chart and line-by-line written instructions.
Clutch: 6 inches tall x 9 inches wide
iPad Cover: 8 inches tall x 11 inches wide
- Fyberspates Scrumptious Chunky (45% silk, 55% merino; 122m per 100 gram hank); 2 hanks Royal Blue
- 24 in/60 cm US 6/4 mm circular needle
- 9 in/22 cm zipper to match yarn
- Rowan Big Wool (100% merino; 80m per 100 gram ball); 2 balls #49 Lichen
- 24 in/60 cm US 8/5 mm circular needle
- 12 in/30 cm zipper to match yarn
- Stitch marker
- Cable needle
- Blunt needle
- Sewing thread to match zipper
- Sewing needle or sewing machine
Clutch: 13 sts/16 rows = 4 in/10 cm in stockinette
iPad Cover: 14 sts/18 rows = 4 in/10 cm in stockinette
Knitting a cover of your own? We’d love to have you come join Club Sexy and show us what you’ve got!