This fast and fun cowl is snuggly, warm, and a great intro to stranded colourwork knitting to boot! Worked in either fingering weight or DK weight yarn, this is a great project to use up all those little bits of sock yarn or a special fibre.
19 inches / 48 cm around, 10 inches / 25.5 cm deep
Fingering Weight Version (Shown in Koigu KPPPM)
- 158 yards / 143 m of main colour (MC). This is the background colour.
- 84 yds / 76 m of contrast colour (CC) 4 yards / 3.6 m of yarn is used for each CC stripe.
- US 2.5 / 3 mm 16 inch circular needle
- Gauge: 32 sts and 40 rnds = 4in square
DK Weight Version (shown in Handmaiden 4ply Cashmere)
- 130 yards / 118 m of main colour (MC). This is the background colour.
- 65 yards / 59 m of contrast colour (CC)
- US 6 / 4 mm 16 inch circular needle
- Gauge: 24 sts and 28 rnds = 4in square
3 page PDF file includes chart, photos, and instructions on working either a fingering weight or DK weight version of this cowl.