Cactus Flower is now in her permanent format, but I’ve left the clues in the available documents so that you can knit her that way too!
from the original mystery KAL:
Welcome to my very first mystery shawl KAL! This is a semi-circle using two colors of fingering weight yarn, 385 yards each.
The first clue will be released digitally on March 15. The KAL will have 5 clues total, each one week apart. After the KAL is over, your mystery pattern will update to the full pattern (about a week to 2 weeks). After the mystery KAL is finished and the pattern is released as a full pdf, the cost of the completed pattern will increase to $6.50.
The yarn pictured is A Verb for Keeping Warm Floating in Filigree (golden yellow) and Thai Iced Tea (orange).
We will be knitting together in the @Romi’s Studio forum. I hope you’ll join us!!!
Hints before the first clue:
- Although Floating and Annapurna are listed as sport weight in the database, I would say they are on the light side, and more like a fingering weight. Either sport or fingering weight will work.
- The pattern starts with the lighter color and ends with the darker color.
- Solid or semi solid yarn is best, and if you want to use something more variegated, it’s best to start with that yarn.
- Almost all of the skeins will be used. Do not substitute a yarn of which you have less than 385 yards.
- There will be texture and lace.