- of, containing, or resembling calcium carbonate; chalky
When I was in elementary school, it became fashionable to pilfer sticks of colored chalk from the blackboard and pulverize them into little piles of soft, powdery colored dust. There wasn’t much of a point to the exercise, but it was unreasonably entertaining. The colors of this yarn remind me irresistibly of this childhood venture into the criminal underworld.
This is a tidy little top down sock that features a simple cable pattern. The design is carried down the heel flap, and the gusset is moved to the top of the foot for a crisp look.
The pattern is written in two sizes. They’re shown here in a thinner yarn at a gauge of 8.25 stitches per inch, which fits a foot or leg of 8.5 or 9.5 inches. But they also work in a thicker yarn at a gauge of 7.25 stitches per inch, which fits a foot or leg of 9.75 or 11 inches.
These are perfect for you if:
- You love a good cable as much as I do
- You want to do something clever with your next gusset
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)