Crochet ladybug PATTERN - Amigurumi tutorial
This WRITTEN TUTORIAL provides a detailed description, with clear step-by-step photos, to make your own 27 cm (10.6 in) tall toy ladybug.
Pattern is written in English, using standard US crochet terminology.
*** Skills required ***
Single crochet stitch, increasing and decreasing, whip stitch and back stitch for sewing.
In this tutorial I will explain starting a piece with magic ring (adjustable loop), joining rounds, finishing a piece, joining pieces, knotting and hiding yarn tails.
Pattern includes unlimited support from me via email.
*** Materials ***
To make this long-legged ladybug, you will need:
- Yarn. I used 100% cotton, 95m/50g (104yds/50g). You will need about 92g or 175m (190yds) of yarn, 70g for the body, 20g for the wings.
- Crochet hook, 2,25 – 2,75 mm (US size 1/B – 2/C), or according to the yarn.
- Stuffing – polyester fiberfill, wool, wadding etc.
- 9mm (1/3 in) safety toy eyes or buttons, beads, felt etc.
- Embroidery floss.
- Yarn needle, scissors, stitch marker.
- Ribbon, buttons, thread and sewing needle.
Other materials and bulkier or finer yarns can be used to make a smaller or larger toy. Pick a crochet hook at least a size smaller than suggested on the yarn label.
*** Copyright ***
You may NOT sell, redistribute, alter or publish this pattern or parts of this pattern. You MAY sell finished products made with this pattern, provided you credit me (KristiTullus, http://sidrun.spire.ee) as the designer.