Crocheted Crusher Hat (AC-30)
Make a whole wardrobe of these versatile, packable hats in a variety of fibers to wear year round.
Sizes: 5 adult sizes plus a child’s size and an 18” doll size.
Finished hat Measurements:
Adult: 21” (22”, 23”, 24” 25”), Child: 20”, Doll: 13”.
Yarn Requirements: Any light worsted weight yarn in your choice of fiber. yarn is used double throughout. Use 2 strands of the same yarn or one strand each of two different yarns.
Yardage: This is the total yardage required. If using 2 different yarns you will need half the given yardage in each yarn.
Adult sizes: Approximately 310 (340, 360, 380, 400) yards total.
Child size: 280 yards.
Doll Size: 125 yards
Yarns Used for Hats in Original Pattern Photo:
- Euroflax 100% Belgium Linen 4 ply from Louet Sales. (Light linen colored hat at top left)
- 8 ply 100% New Zealand wool (the charcoal and red hats under the linen hat)
- Kid-N-Ewe, 50% mohair, 50% wool from Bryson Distributing. (green hat on stand and purple hat in progress)
- Cotton Classic 100% cotton from Tahki Yarn Imports, Inc. (red child’s hat on upper right)
- Hand painted mohair from Lorna’s Laces yarn held with a strand of sport weight 100% wool in the same hand painted colorway. (hat in lower right corner)