Crocheted Lace Clutch
I made this handbag to match my dress for the Emmys, and included the tutorial in my DIY-ing the Emmys article for CRAFT Magazine. I hadn’t made a purse before before, but I thought that a lace clutch would look really nice with the vintage style of the dress. The finished bag is a very simple shell lace, and can be adjusted to any size by chaining in multiples of 7.
To finish the project, you’ll need the following materials:
- 1 skein lace-weight yarn. I used linen.
- Crochet hook. I used a 5mm hook so the lace would have an airy look.
- 1 pair of wooden handles.
- Fabric for lining. Half a yard should be more than enough, unless you’re making a huge bag.
- Needle and thread for stitching the lining into the bag.
- Large hand-sewing needle for attaching the handles with yarn.
Be warned: Working with linen can be tricky, as it’s sticky and likely to tangle.